Here at AudioOne, we thought we’d give you all some insight to the Soundcloud Audience in Ireland. The information below is sourced from Global Web Index. They are an external insights tool that captures consumer data across 46 markets, including:
-Demographic makeup of users
-Attitude and lifestyle
This report contains figures for people age 16-64 in the following groups:
-Total SoundCloud Users – have a free or paid account with SoundCloud (n=118)
-Competitor Music Streamers – have a free or paid account with Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Prime Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Google Play Music, Pandora, Spotify, or Tidal, and not SoundCloud (n=649)
-Total Internet Users – the general Internet-using population (n=2,548)
-Age & Gender: The average Irish SoundCloud user is 5 years younger than users of competing services. Irish SoundCloud users are 74% more likely to be 18-24 and 40% of them are aged 16-24. 44% are Female, while 56% are Male.
-Employment Status: Irish SoundCloud users are 55% more likely to be students and 24% are students.
-Education: Irish SoundCloud users are 26% more likely to have a university degree and 39% of them have one.
Attitude & Lifestyle
-Lifestyle Activities: Irish SoundCloud users are 66% more likely to donate to charity, 53% more likely to visit the cinema, 32% more likely to use public transport and 22% more likely to order fast food.
-Interests – Health & Fitness: Compared to users of other DSPs, our users are more interested in fitness & exercise, watching and playing sports, including adventure sports.
– Music Attitudes: Compared to Comp. Music Streamers, Irish SoundCloud users are more likely to enjoy looking for new music, be one of the first to discover new music, to listen to less well-known artists and to regularly attend live music gigs.
– Irish SoundCloud users spend an average of 1-2 hours per day listening to music streaming services (vs. 30 minutes – 1 hour for Comp. Music Streamers and <30 minutes for the general Internet-using population)
– Hip-hop is Irish SC users’ top genre, and they listen to it significantly more than Comp. Music Streamers; they also listen more to disco, house, rap, techno, jazz, heavy metal, drum ‘n’ bass, electro pop, dubstep, EDM, ambient, and trance
-9% of Internet-using 16-64 year olds in Ireland have a free SoundCloud account, and 1% have a paid account
Among our users, 35% have a free Spotify account and 33% have a paid one
Daily Time Spent on Music Streaming Services:
Irish SoundCloud users spend an average of 1-2 hours per day listening to M Comp. Music Streamers Music.
Listeners to Comp. Music Streamers spend 30 minutes – 1 hour per day.
Genres Listened To:
Hip-Hop is Irish SC users’ top genre, and they listen to it significantly more than Comp. Music Streamers.
Our users also over-index on house, rap, techno, drum ‘n’ bass, electro.
Our users under-index on 90’s, 80’s, 70’s and easy listening.
Music Services- Free, Ad Supported Services
– 94% of our users are using a free SoundCloud account.
– 9% of Internet-using 16-64 year old’s in Ireland have a free SoundCloud account.
– 65% of them do not have a free Spotify account.