AudioOne is happy to share with you the findings from the latest wave of research from Edison Research’s The Infinite Dial.
The research was conducted in January/February 2020. 1502 random Americans over 12 years of age were interviewed about their digital media interaction.
US Digital Audio Listenership:
- 62% of Americans have used a voice operated personal assistant with 48% of smartphone users doing so
- 68% of the US population have listened to digital audio in the last month including 86% of 12-34, 76% of 35-54 and 42% of 55+
- 60% of the population have listened to digital audio in the last week
- The average time spent listening to digital audio in the last week was 15 hours and 12 minutes
In Car Media:
- 18% of people who have driven/ridden in a car in the last month have owned an in-dash information and entertainment system
- Apple Carplay powers 9% of these cars with Android Auto powering 5%
- 45% of people have listened to digital audio in their car through their mobile phone
- 81% of people who have been in a car in the last month have listened to AM/FM
- 33% have listened to online radio
- 28% have listened to podcasts
- 37% of the population have listened to a podcast in the last month – this represents a 16% growth year on year.
- 49% of 12-34 year olds have listened to a podcast in the last month, 40% of 35-54 and 22% of 55+
- 24% of people have listened to a podcast in the last week, an 11% increase year on year
- Podcast listeners listen on average to 6 podcasts per week. Only 11% listen to one podcast only per week
- The average time spent listening podcasts in the last week is 6 hours and 39 minutes
To view the full research findings, please click here: https://www.edisonresearch.com/the-infinite-dial-2020/